Our class has learned about how our classroom library is organized, how to respect other readers, and how to choose just right books. They love reading!
I am very happy to have you as a student for the 2015–2016 school year. We are going to have a very exciting year.
If you would like to practice your skills over the summer, here are some things you can do:
- Read, read, read, and read as much as possible.
- Study addition and subtraction facts for quick recall.
- Visit the library and have the librarian help you find books that interest you.
- Study your multiplication facts (times tables).
- Keep a journal about your summer.
- Participate in the Somerville Public Schools summer reading program. Here is the summer reading list from the Somerville Public Schools.
When shopping for school supplies, please purchase the following:
- 2 two-pocket folders (very important for organizational skills)
- Composition notebook (marble)
- Grid notebook
- Thin EXPO dry erase markers
- Sharpened pencils (mechanical pencils are great) and erasers
- Markers, crayons, and colored pencils (for projects)
- Glue sticks
- 4 spiral notebooks
- Hand-held pencil sharpener
- Boxes of tissues, hand soap, and hand sanitizer are welcome at any time throughout the school year!
I look forward to seeing you in September!
Here we are showing off our new books after the Scholastic Book Fair!