I hope everyone is enjoying the first few days of summer vacation. I just wanted to thank you for the thoughtful cards and generous gifts. Your kind words mean so much to me! We had a wonderful year in third grade and I enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you! Have a safe and fun summer!
I am very happy to have you as a student for the 2015–2016 school year. We are going to have a very exciting year.
If you would like to practice your skills over the summer, here are some things you can do:
- Read, read, read, and read as much as possible.
- Study addition and subtraction facts for quick recall.
- Visit the library and have the librarian help you find books that interest you.
- Study your multiplication facts (times tables).
- Keep a journal about your summer.
- Participate in the Somerville Public Schools summer reading program. Here is the summer reading list from the Somerville Public Schools.
When shopping for school supplies, please purchase the following:
- 2 two-pocket folders (very important for organizational skills)
- Composition notebook (marble)
- Grid notebook
- Thin EXPO dry erase markers
- Sharpened pencils (mechanical pencils are great) and erasers
- Markers, crayons, and colored pencils (for projects)
- Glue sticks
- 4 spiral notebooks
- Hand-held pencil sharpener
- Boxes of tissues, hand soap, and hand sanitizer are welcome at any time throughout the school year!
I look forward to seeing you in September!
It’s been a wonderful year with “The Class of Eighteen”. I’ve enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you. I have had an incredible amount of fun with our class, and if there is any class I’d want to be in school with until June 30, this is it! Your enthusiasm for learning, dancing, and singing is contagious. I will always remember the bus ride back from Plimoth Plantation and I will fondly remember our days as a “school family”. Have a safe and fun summer! Please come back to visit me next year.