HERO WEEK EVENTS
- What is a Hero? on Monday, March 2– students will write a definition of “what is a hero” on a giant poster (the Hero Wall) in the cafeteria.
- What is a Hero? (continued) on Tuesday, March 3– Teachers will lead talking circles during a time of their choice to discuss what makes an individual a hero. (e.g. characteristics, actions, examples).
- Be A Hero! on Wednesday, March 4 (1) Students are encouraged to act heroic during the school day (e.g. do nice deeds, help others).
- Celebrating Heroes with Buddies on Thursday, March 5– Meet with buddies in the afternoon to nominate a hero and write about their character traits.
- Dress Like a Hero Day on Friday, March 6 (1) students will arrive to school dressed as a hero ( please keep in mind that the spirit of Hero Week is to educate students that the definition of Heroes stretches beyond Superman/Wonder Woman! We hope that after a week of inspiring learning on Heroes that we will see staff and students dressed as astronauts, firefighters, famous freedom fighters like Gandhi, Harriet Tubman etc,) (2) During morning announcements, we will select several students across several grades who are dressed like a hero to describe why they chose to dress like that person on the morning announcements.