I Love You More Than Applesauce
by Jack Prelutsky
I love you more than applesauce,
Than peaches and a plum,
Than chocolate hearts,
And cherry tarts,
And berry bubble-gum.
I love you more than lemonade,
And seven-layer cake,
And candy drops,
And thick vanilla shake.
I love you more than marzipan,
Than marmalade on toast;
For I love pies
Of any size,
But I love you the most.
Do you want to let your mother, father, or loved one know how much you love them?
If you answered YES, keep reading.
Create your own “I love you more than…” poem!
Click here for the template: I love you more than applesauce
Sometimes it helps to see an example. Read Ms. Larson’s students’ poems by clicking here.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Our schools will be closed for the rest of the week. Click here to read the news story about how the snow-covered roofs are keeping students, teachers, and staff home.
Do you have cabin fever? Here are some things you can do while you are at home. Encourage your classmates to check the blog for these activities.
1. Read! Be sure you are recording what you’ve been reading on your book chart.
2. Play math games. Check out Sumdog to play games online or play the math games that are clipped into your yellow homework folder. Record what you’ve been doing on your math chart.
3. Write! Keep a journal about each day. Write poems about the snow.
4. Answer MCAS practice questions. Our reading test is coming up at the end of March.
5. Work on your moon project. The directions and project rubric are clipped into your yellow homework folder.
6. Practice math. Click on the following links for practice worksheets. Don’t look at the answer keys until after you’re done! Area by tiling. Area of a rectangle. Subtraction.
The following picture was taken in Somerville. Read the news story here.
Stay warm and safe! Enjoy your February vacation!